Restorations for Improved Function and Beauty - Mount Airy Dental Restorations
Gilbert Dental Center, a Mount Airy dental office, facilitates several restorative treatments for our patients. As we age, teeth require dental work as normal wear and tear affects beauty and function and also when there is damage due to injury or decay. Philadelphia dentist, Dr. Benjamin Gilbert
fully examines your dentition to better diagnose the problem and to create a customized treatment plan to improve your bit and smile. By providing, gentle, quality care, Dr. Gilbert is able to produce your desired results using the least intrusive procedures that maximize comfort and increase longevity.
Restoring Function and Beauty to your Smile
Depending on the extent of the problem, different available options may produce aesthetic and function improvements. Our restorative dentist will educate patients as to their options and help them make better informed decisions regarding their oral health. In some situations, patients may require multi-faceted treatment plans to attain desired results.
Our restoration services include:
- Crowns - Crowns can be used to achieve both functional and cosmetic ends. Unlike dentures, which require regular removal and cleaning, crowns are a “fixed” prosthetic. Crowns are used routinely in conjunction with several restorative procedures, such as dental implants, extractions, bridges, root canal therapy and to protect weak or fractured teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays – When the tooth isn’t sufficiently damaged enough to require a crown, but require more than a filling, dental inlays or onlays are often used as the preferred restorative option. Inlays and onlays act as a middle-of-the-road solution and will help save any healthy tooth from being removed.
- Invisalign® – This groundbreaking orthodontic solution uses custom-built “alignment trays” to gradually straighten teeth. Invisalign® can help to restore alignment problems assimilated to a patient’s bite. In this matter, the clear aligners will help prevent further damage to crowded teeth and restore a beautiful smile.
- Bridges – Bridges offer patients a way to restore missing teeth. Bridges are secured (or anchored) by two crowns (abutments) on opposite ends of a missing tooth or teeth. The false teeth are attached to the bridge portion of the prosthetic, between the two abutments. Bridges are not only cosmetically and functionally restorative, but they also restore sound dental structure in the mouth, preventing surrounding teeth from sinking in towards the site of the missing tooth or teeth.
- Dentures – Partial or full dentures are custom-made prostheses made to imitate the look and feel of your natural teeth. Dentures can be used in conjunction with dental implants via an “All-On-4” procedure, whereby four implants are used to mount a full denture on the lower jaw, upper jaw or on both locations. Traditional dentures use the daily application of adhesives to stay in place.
- Dental Implants – The most advanced restoration in dentistry today, dental implants are used to replace one or more missing teeth. The implant itself mimics the tooth’s root, they act alone and provide years of oral health benefits. Implants will support crowns, bridges and dentures.
Cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening and veneers may also be used to enhance the appearance of your teeth. Whitening solutions often involve a combined in-office and at-home treatment. Veneers are bonded to the fronts of teeth and can change the appearance of the tooth’s color, size and length.
Which Restoration is Best for You?
At Gilbert Dental Center, we’re focused on the long-term health needs of our patients. We use digital x-rays to aid us in developing optimal and individualized treatment plans. When it comes to recommending treatment options, we seek solutions that will restore health and beauty with minimal intrusion. Contact our Mount Airy dental office to schedule an appointment to find out how dental restorations can improve your smile.